Thursday, January 7, 2016

Re: help a beginner getting vim setup with YCM and Jedi

On 2016-01-07, Never Boy wrote:
> Dear Vim users
> I have started using vim lately and really enjoyed the learning.
> But after a while I simply got stuck.
>
> Vim is not hard to learn to use I dont think but building it into
> a work environment is really hard!
>
> Installing plugins and making them work is hard. Especially jedi
> and YouCompleteMe.
>
> I have tryed for a week now and even totally given up a couple of
> times and just reverted back to notepad ++... But...
>
> I want it to work!
>
> I have used vundle to install the plugins and they appear in my
> bundle folder. But nothing happens when i type in vim - no
> autocompletion or suggestions.
>
> I am sure it is something very elementary I'm doing wrong... but I
> simply cannot figure this out...
>
> Can anyone here help me get this up and running. If I manage to
> get it working I am gonna make a video tutorial about it!
>
> here is my vimrc. file:
> 1 set nocompatible " be iMproved, required
> 2 filetype off " required
> 3
> 4 " set the runtime path to include Vundle and initialize
> 5 set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/Vundle.vim

I don't know what this command should be exactly since I don't use
Vundle, but this is not right. The rtp option is a list of
directories, not regular files.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: