Saturday, September 3, 2016

Re: P in Vim for windows won't put before a cursor...

2016-09-03 22:40 GMT+03:00 Don Cichot <opagagnamstajl@gmail.com>:
> When I put a cursor in a normal mode on a first character of destination word and press a big "P" to paste a content from a clipboard it glues a word from a clipboard memory just (till) before a destination word but when I press a litlle "p" this time it inserts a word from a clipboard just between the first character of destination word and the rest of that word...

This description sounds exactly like `p` and `P` should behave. If you
think anything is wrong here then I guess either your tutorial is
wrong or your understanding of this tutorial is wrong.

>
> I've provided an animated gif with my yanking action...

I do not see any animation in your gif.

>
> I've read several books about vim for several days so vaguely can even remember what I wanted to ask back then and which tutorial I was reading than but how I'm yanking and putting all is provided in my animated screenshoot in attachment...
>
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: