Friday, June 30, 2017

Re: dbext version 20 does not prompt for connection profile

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 8:23:15 AM UTC-7, David Fishburn wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM, NJia <jiana...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone
>
>
>
> I just upgraded my dbext plugin from version 19 to 20 but noticed that version 20 does not prompt for connection profiles any more.
>
>
>
> I have two MYSQL connection defined in my .vimrc when I type "\slt"  v19 asks me which connection profile I want to use.
>
>
>
> But version 20 just display an error message "dbext:A valid database type must be chosen", I have to issue command "\sbp" to select the connection first.
>
>
>
> anyway to change this in version 20 ?
>
>
>
>
> Assuming you have 2 profiles defined in your .vimrc:
>
>
>
> let g:dbext_default_profile_A = 'type=ASA:dsnname=cons'
>
> let g:dbext_default_profile_B = 'type=ASA:dsnname=cons_prime'
>
>
> Hmmm, I believe if you define:
>
> let g:dbext_default_profile = 'A'
>
>
>
> Then run your \slt this might pick up the A profile first.
>
>
> Please let me know.
>
>
> Thanks for the report, I will look into the issue.
>
>
> David


Hi All,

I have just discovered this old post but have run into the same problem with version 23.00 (just installed for the first time). The functionality works fine if I set a default profile but it will connect only to that default and I am not prompted to choose among the several profiles that I have included in my vimrc. Was this resolved?

Otherwise, this is quite possibly the greatest vim package in existence.


Thanks,
Steve

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: