Sunday, November 26, 2017

Pasting with Shift-Insert in Windows console Vim

Hi!
I was trying to fix this using advices from similar issues from Google/Stack Overflow, but I couldn't.
I am using Vim on Windows only in consoles (cmd, tcc; not gvim) and with the latest versions of Vim I am having problems with behavior of Shift-Insert/Paste functionality.

If I take a clean installation of Windows 7 on a virtual machine and install vim 7.3.46, Shift-Insert key does normal Paste as expected. If I install any later version of Vim (7.4, 7.4-1024, 8.0-002, 8.0-069, 8.0-586) on the same virtual machine (previously reset to the same state), Shift-Insert key inserts character 0xCE in goes out of INSERT mode. The same happens on any of my other Windows machines.

I tried remapping Shift-Insert and/or 0xCE to other values, but to no avail. Regardless of mapping (n,v,..., noremap, ...) Shift-Insert continues to insert 0xCE. If I disable or enable loading of various *.vim scripts like mswin.vim, Shift-Insert continues to insert 0xCE.

What has changed regarding the Windows console keyboard processing between Vim 7.3 and later versions?
What am I missing regarding mapping/initialization of Vim in newer versions so that Shift-Insert key would do the Paste as in 7.3?

Matjaz

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: