Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Re: Background streaking

On 11:23 Tue 21 Nov , Phil Dobbin wrote:
> On 21/11/17 10:46, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> >
> > On Di, 21 Nov 2017, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> >
> >> On 17/11/17 12:32, I wrote:
> >>
> >>> I have an annoying problem with the way Vim displays in Gnome terminal.
> >>> Attached is a screenshot that describes the problem much better than I
> >>> can. It's always been this way & I've only now decided to try to do
> >>> something about it. What I'd like to have is a solid background with no
> >>> hint of the underlying terminal.
> >>>
> >>> Details:
> >>>
> >>> Vim 8.1305 Huge version with GTK2 Python colorscheme monokai, Gnome
> >>> terminal, tmux 2.1, byobu 5.122, Ubuntu 16.04.3
> >>>
> >>> I've Googled extensively but I've found it difficult to express the
> >>> problem succinctly enough to get an adequate result. Any help would be
> >>> greatly appreciated.
> >>>
> >>
> >> I posted this a while back. Has nobody come across this?
> >
> > Looks like you need background color erase. This needs to be fixed in
> > your terminal. Make sure the $TERM is set correctly. I think for screen
> > one needs `defbce on` not sure if tmux has its own setting for that.
> >
> > Anyway for tmux, make sure you have set your $TERM setting correctly. It
> > should be either tmux or screen-256color
> >
> > As a workaround for Vim you can set the t_ut to empty. I have this in my
> > vimrc for a similar reason
> >
> > if !empty(&t_ut)
> > " see http://snk.tuxfamily.org/log/vim-256color-bce.html
> > let &t_ut=''
> > endif
>
> Hi Christian.
>
> your vimrc addition works perfectly :-)
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil.

Thanks! It solved my problem too :)

Best,
Marcin

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: