Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Re: Vim surprisingly slow?

On 2017-11-14 19:04, Eli the Bearded wrote:
> Just do one write.

Yeah, I've come up with multiple multi-step solutions and the
solution I came up with *works*, it's just surprisingly slow for
something that can execute in around a second if slightly reworded
(see elsewhere on this thread where Christian recommends using
writefile() instead of ":.w>>")

> But I did prove to myselfit works with slight editing in ed.
> ("ed is the standard editor.")

As the loony who maintains the @ed1conf twitter account, I'm pleased
to see ed(1) popping up as a potential solution to the challenge. :-)

> I tried to post my solution to the dev.to site, but it wouldn't let
> me log in with Firefox (nothing happened when pushing the github
> button). I did not even try to login with lynx.

Yeah, their logins require 3rd-party cookies and JavaScript enabled
for the OAUTH authentication, so I don't often go to the hassle of
logging in there, instead sticking to directly posting/replying on
Twitter. I can almost guarantee failure in lynx/links/elinks/w3m
without even trying.

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: