Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Re: Background streaking

On Di, 21 Nov 2017, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 17/11/17 12:32, I wrote:
>
> > I have an annoying problem with the way Vim displays in Gnome terminal.
> > Attached is a screenshot that describes the problem much better than I
> > can. It's always been this way & I've only now decided to try to do
> > something about it. What I'd like to have is a solid background with no
> > hint of the underlying terminal.
> >
> > Details:
> >
> > Vim 8.1305 Huge version with GTK2 Python colorscheme monokai, Gnome
> > terminal, tmux 2.1, byobu 5.122, Ubuntu 16.04.3
> >
> > I've Googled extensively but I've found it difficult to express the
> > problem succinctly enough to get an adequate result. Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
>
> I posted this a while back. Has nobody come across this?

Looks like you need background color erase. This needs to be fixed in
your terminal. Make sure the $TERM is set correctly. I think for screen
one needs `defbce on` not sure if tmux has its own setting for that.

Anyway for tmux, make sure you have set your $TERM setting correctly. It
should be either tmux or screen-256color

As a workaround for Vim you can set the t_ut to empty. I have this in my
vimrc for a similar reason

if !empty(&t_ut)
" see http://snk.tuxfamily.org/log/vim-256color-bce.html
let &t_ut=''
endif

Christian
--
Es ist eine eigene Sache, schon durch die Geburt auf einen erhabenen
Platz in der menschlichen Gesellschaft gesetzt zu sein.
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Lehrjahre)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: