Monday, April 30, 2018

how to use v:termrbgresp & friends

I've been trying to use v:termrbgresp to determine what color scheme to
use, but I can't figure out how to use it successfully.

I tried simply testing against it in my .vimrc, but that doesn't work,
probably because it hasn't been set yet. Sort of like v:termresponse,
which requires that you use the TermResponse event.

But when TermResponse fires, v:termrbgresp isn't set yet, either, and I
can't find an event that seems like it should be the right thing to use.
By the time I can type in ":echo v:termrbgresp", though, it's set. I just
need a mechanism to tell me when it's okay to use its value.

Should there be separate events for each of the terminal response codes?
Maybe one that fires when all the ones that will have responses have them?
Or a generic event that fires when a variable is set?

Or am I missing something? I looked for examples, but couldn't find any.

Thanks,
Danek

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: