Monday, April 2, 2018

Re: shtags.pl

On Monday 2 April 2018 04:45,
John Little <john.b.little@gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>I was startled to see
>
># Last Changed: 96/11/27 19:46:06
>
>I tried it on my sundry scripts and it produced nothing, not recognizing bash.
>Wait, there's a man page... man man to work out how to see it...
>
> man -l shtags.1
>
>so
> shtags.pl -s sh -v *.sh
>
>works for me. If vim continues to distribute this, I think your patch should be applied. The opinions of the maintainers of {syntax,indent,ftplugin}/sh.vim might be sought.
>
>Regards, John Little

I don't have the man page unfortunately. I need to look at the build
script to see why it isn't installed. However, running shtags.pl with
no options shows the usage.

I've been using:

silent ! /usr/share/vim/vim80/tools/shtags.pl -v -s sh %

After doing a test on &ft to make sure it's 'sh' which works for bash
too.

Dave

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: