Thursday, April 26, 2018

Re: help for Vim binding development (Freeplane) wanted

Dear vim community,

please excuse me repeating this question (see below).

If it is a misplaced question, then please tell me where to post it, alternatively. I just need a good start, I think, in order to get going on the mentioned subject. Can anybody give a small hint?

Thanks again.


2018-04-15 21:16 GMT+02:00 Nnako <nnamdi.kohn@gmail.com>:
Hi,

my name is Nnako and I am natively a C and Python programmer. I use Vim every day and have learned to just smile when yet another new graphical code development environment appears (e.g. VS Code and JupyterLab)...

For some years now, I have been structuring my work and private life using a tool called FREEPLANE [https://www.freeplane.org]. It is a very flexible mindmap editor. As I love both, Freeplane and Vim, I am looking for ways to combine these two exceptional technologies. At least a subset of Vim's functionalities could be used to facilitate NODE NAVIGATION and TEXT EDITING, and later maybe TEXT SEARCH, COMMANDS,...

There are already some bindings for Vim in applications out there, like for browsers (Chrome, Firefox, ... ), development environments (Eclipse, Netbeans, ...) and web applications (Jupyter Notebook, Code Mirror, ....). I was thinking to invest some time into the development of a Vim binding for Freeplane (developed in JAVA). But I don't know where to start.

Are there some people here, who have already developed Vim-Bindings for applications, using parts of the original vim source? Or people who know people who have already successfully done such a thing?

Thanks.
Nnako

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: