Saturday, July 13, 2019

vim crashes in windows when trying to execute python 3 command

I had to change computers recently. In my previous computer I was compiling vim with python to avoid this issue also, but I had no time to compile it yet
so I downloaded a 64 bit build of vim for windows:

MS-Windows 64-bit console version
Included patches: 1-1649
Compiled by appveyor@APPVYR-WIN


I also downloaded conda python distribution and I have the folder where python.exe is located in my PATH variable.

Without a vimrc or vimfiles folder if I do the following:

:py3 import os

then I get the following error message and vim crashes:


Fatal Python error: initfsencoding: unable to load the file system codec
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'encodings'

Current thread 0x00007ed4 (most recent call first):


I understand there might be something I can put in my vimrc to avoid this, but i don't think vim should crash this way.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/54d05ecb-5c4c-4c56-a003-c13ce62fd631%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: