Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lambdas and "typedefs" in Vim9

I have not followed the development of Vim9 script closely, but
yesterday I have started to play with it. I was pleasantly surprised to
see how far it's got already: I could convert some scripts of mine
without much effort and make them run just fine!

I have two questions/curiosities:

1. I was not able to pass lambdas to defs, only funcrefs. Can/will this
be supported?

2. Has a type aliasing or "typedef" mechanism been considered or,
perhaps, already planned? My use case is defining a library of opaque
types, which I can change without the need to modify client code.

Thanks,
Life.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/rkplkd%24o98%241%40ciao.gmane.io.

No comments: