Thursday, September 24, 2020

Re: [vim colours + iTerm2 colours]

On 2020-09-24, Maxim Abalenkov <maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you very much for your thorough explanations! Now we are very
> close to the solution. My end goal is the opposite. I would like to
> _disable_ iTerm2 colours, when I use Vim. I would like to use _pure_
> Vim colour scheme, without the interference or overlap with the iTerm2
> colour profile. I think I will need to replace the "set termguicolors"
> with the "unset termguicolors" in your snippet to reach my goal. Thank
> you and have a good day ahead!

Every 0/1 option in Vim can be "unset" by prepending "no", e.g.:

:set notermguicolors

With termguicolors disabled, however, you will *not* disable your
terminal colors; rather, the opposite.

I am guessing, because you didn't tell us which color scheme you are
using: your color scheme might be based on ANSI colors (in the range
0-15, or names as in `:help cterm-colors`), in which case the colors you
see necessarily depend on your terminal's settings.

Life.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/rkij7c%24j2u%241%40ciao.gmane.io.

No comments: