Saturday, September 19, 2020

Color scheme

Hi,
I go to the trouble of wrapping my vim invocation inside of a function
that adds "-i NONE" to the command line. I do this because somebody
thinks it's really cool to have dark purple or blue letters on a black
background. (Or sometimes pale yellow on white, but I don't use white
backgrounds, if I can avoid it.) I have other thoughts on that
subject. Anyway, that has worked fine for years. Not anymore. It seems
somebody thinks that this color combination is so great that everybody
has to suffer with it. I'd go back to plain vi, but it is not
supported anymore. SO, how can I force vim to never, ever try to
colorize my text ever again? Thank you.

- Bruce

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAKRnqNJQZMg6r-K0FwP_FyZfBjNbtJ8R%3D5HiuqHDNkz4UJ2pEw%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: