Thursday, April 15, 2021

Re: Quickfix window clearing on any change

Hi David,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 5:40 AM David Fishburn <dfishburn.vim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My quickfix window is being cleared anytime a file is modified, this is a new behaviour and I don't want it.
>
> Work flow:
> :grep something *
> :copen
> Work through each file in the list
>
> But (it has been a while now maybe 6 months), when I click on one of the entries in the :copen quickfix window, it takes me to that file.
> As soon as I modify that buffer, the quickfix window is cleared out and I have to run :grep again.
>

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Are you using a plugin that
creates a quickfix list when a buffer is modified or saved?
When this happens, can you run the ":chistory" command to see
whether the quickfix list has been superseded by a new quickfix
list? Are you able to reproduce this problem without any plugins?

- Yegappan

>
> Anyone know how to prevent this from happening?
>
> My :h didn't find what I was looking for.
>
> :ver
> VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Apr 1 2021 12:42:53)
> MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
> Included patches: 1-2685
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAAW7x7n2dHA-oRWMhPrXNp3mX1RWu4BtGu3OZRdrTnuGAQF8aA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: