Thursday, August 26, 2021

[key combinations, shortcuts]

Dear all,

How are you? I hope all is well with you. I have a rather basic question. Recently I find myself typing a lot of text in markdown. Frequently I need to input highlighted Perl or bash source code into my markdown. To do that I use the

  {% highlight perl %}
  {% endhighlight %}

macro. I'm certain it would be possible to create a "key shortcut" in Vim, such that when I press a certain key combination, Vim would automatically insert the above macro. Would you please direct me: how is this functionality called in Vim and where can I read more about it and see some basic examples? Thank you and have a good day ahead!

Best wishes,
Maxim

Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com
+44 7 486 486 505 \\ http://mabalenk.gitlab.io

No comments: