Friday, January 20, 2023

Re: [remove horizontal and vertical guidelines]

Hello Chris et al.,

How are you? Thank you very much for your suggestions! I checked the value of the 'term' variable. It was set to 'xterm-256color' in both Konsole and Yakuake. Once I set it to 'builtin_xterm' the artefact lines disappeared! Thank you very much for your help! I don't know what the 'term' variable does yet. I need to read up on it. I wasn't using 'tmux' or any other multiplexer. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Best wishes,
Maxim

Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com
+44 7 486 486 505 \\ www.maxim.abalenkov.uk

On 19 Jan 2023, at 12:04, Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:


On Do, 19 Jan 2023, Maxim Abalenkov wrote:

I'm still struggling with these artefacts. I can confirm, I'm using the same terminal font as before. I tried to use another font, but these artefacts remained. I fiddled with the linespace and redraw commands. Changing their values didn't help. I tried to downgrade Vim to a few versions down, but not below 9.x.y.z. I
tried to downgrade Yakuake and Konsole terminal emulators to a few versions down. But that didn't resolve my issue either. The only thing that worked was using another terminal emulator—Alacritty. There I see no artefacts. Hurrah! But I would still like to fix it and make it work in Yakuake and Konsole. Please let me
know, if you have any more suggestions. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead!

This might be causes by setting $TERM wrongly. What is it set to? What
does :set term? show for both Yakuake and Konsole?

Can you try :set term=builtin_xterm

Also, are you using tmux or anything related? Have you tried without it?

Best,
Chris
--
Es gibt Menschen, die nur lesen, um nicht denken zu müssen.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20230119120405.GB1041827%40256bit.org.

No comments: