Monday, January 2, 2023

Re: Simple Vim questions -- Backspace + Escape in maps

Am 2022-12-31 18:11, schrieb bertran...@gmail.com:
> I used Vi for many years (on Unix) then stopped, but need it again (on
> Windows 10). There are couple of things that I used to be able to do
> in my sleep but no longer master, and the online information is hard
> to use (it talks about very complicated things but I was not able to
> find simple answers to simple questions).
>
> 1. Backspace in insert mode, over some characters, gives a special
> character instead of erasing. I remember that this was a feature, not
> a bug – a way to type special characters when they were troublesome
> to produce otherwise. I don't need that facility, which is very
> annoying; I just want backspace to erase. What should I do? My
> settings file (_vimrc) currently has
>
> set bs=2


Hm, I don't know about backspace, but perhaps you meant to not redraw
the line when doing a change command by e.g. `:set cpo+=$` (see :h
cpo-$)


Best,
Chris

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/4101987b7c5991e0df96b17c89e6f142%40256bit.org.

No comments: