Friday, March 3, 2023

Re: Can I copy/yank into and out of vim?

On 2023-03-04 01:08, K otgc wrote:
> Hello, I would like to copy/yank text from vim out to other programs
> like
> dpaste or Google Docs.
> I would also like to coy/yank text from external programs like website
> text
> into vim.
> I can manually highlight external program text with my mouse, copy and
> then
> insert into vim, but maybe there's a vim script for this?

I use Shift+Insert (in insert mode in Vim) to do just that. As far as I
can tell it works everywhere, although what's inserted in xterm and the
rest of X programs is different. Probably Shift+Inserts uses a different
"clipboard" for xterm and for everything else in X.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/b3b66d894f43e888d1e53a1523b5370f%40ugr.es.

No comments: