Sunday, July 2, 2023

Error detected while processing /var/lib/vim/addons/plugin/02tlib.vim line 77: E1208: -complete used without allowing arguments

I had GVim 8.2 installed on a Ubuntu 20.04 machine (WSL2) and everything was working fine. After updating to Ubuntu 22.04, 
I am getting the following error when I start gvim   
Error detected while processing /var/lib/vim/addons/plugin/02tlib.vim line   77: E1208: -complete used without allowing arguments
I have no clue on how to start debugging this issue. 


Here is the version info
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled May 24 2023 14:27:53)
Included patches: 1-3995, 4563, 4646, 4774, 4895, 4899, 4901, 4919
Modified by team+vim@tracker.debian.org
Compiled by team+vim@tracker.debian.org
Huge version with GTK3 GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
+acl               +dnd               +listcmds          +postscript        +termresponse
+arabic            -ebcdic            +localmap          +printer           +textobjects
+autocmd           +emacs_tags        +lua               +profile           +textprop
+autochdir         +eval              +menu              -python            +timers
-autoservername    +ex_extra          +mksession         +python3           +title
+balloon_eval      +extra_search      +modify_fname      +quickfix          +toolbar
+balloon_eval_term -farsi             +mouse             +reltime           +user_commands
+browse            +file_in_path      +mouseshape        +rightleft         +vartabs
++builtin_terms    +find_in_path      +mouse_dec         +ruby              +vertsplit
+byte_offset       +float             +mouse_gpm         +scrollbind        +vim9script
+channel           +folding           -mouse_jsbterm     +signs             +viminfo
+cindent           -footer            +mouse_netterm     +smartindent       +virtualedit
+clientserver      +fork()            +mouse_sgr         +sodium            +visual
+clipboard         +gettext           -mouse_sysmouse    +sound             +visualextra
+cmdline_compl     -hangul_input      +mouse_urxvt       +spell             +vreplace
+cmdline_hist      +iconv             +mouse_xterm       +startuptime       +wildignore
+cmdline_info      +insert_expand     +multi_byte        +statusline        +wildmenu
+comments          +ipv6              +multi_lang        -sun_workshop      +windows
+conceal           +job               -mzscheme          +syntax            +writebackup
+cryptv            +jumplist          +netbeans_intg     +tag_binary        +X11
+cscope            +keymap            +num64             -tag_old_static    -xfontset
+cursorbind        +lambda            +packages          -tag_any_white     +xim
+cursorshape       +langmap           +path_extra        +tcl               +xpm
+dialog_con_gui    +libcall           +perl              +termguicolors     +xsmp_interact
+diff              +linebreak         +persistent_undo   +terminal          +xterm_clipboard
+digraphs          +lispindent        +popupwin          +terminfo          -xterm_save
   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
     user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
 2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
  system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
    user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
2nd user gvimrc file: "~/.vim/gvimrc"
       defaults file: "$VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim"
    system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
  fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/share/vim"
Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/includ
e/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/inc
lude -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr
/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/atk
-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/includ
e/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/incl
ude/blkid -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -Wdate-time -g -O2 -ffile-pre
fix-map=/build/vim-rfgIUR/vim-8.2.3995=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-p
rotector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -D_REENTRANT -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
Linking: gcc -L. -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -fstack-protector-strong -rdynamic -Wl,-ex
port-dynamic -Wl,-E -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now
 -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lharfbuzz -latk-1.0 -lcairo-gobject -l
cairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE -lm
 -ltinfo -lselinux -lcanberra -lsodium -lacl -lattr -lgpm -L/usr/lib -llua5.2 -Wl,-E -fstack-protector-stron
g -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.34/CORE -lperl -ldl -lm -lpthread -lcrypt -L/usr/lib/p
ython3.10/config-3.10-x86_64-linux-gnu -lpython3.10 -lcrypt -ldl -lm -lm -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -ltcl8.
6 -ldl -lz -lpthread -lm -lruby-3.0 -lm -L/usr/lib

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAEYXRP%3DBp3H1iDmnz2c15PGSzhhwzL2VUzYVP9Y8Dg2jP5LaKQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: