Saturday, July 8, 2023

Re: Win32 Vim inside MSYS Tmux doesn't interpret C-h

On Sat, 8 Jul 2023 23:46:50 +0600
Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jul 2023 18:57:01 +0200
> Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> I never had to fiddle. It just worked for me in Ubuntu from when I
> first started with vim7.2. What ":h :fixdel" tells me to do does not
> work in win32-vim inside tmux. It says if "the code for BS is alright,"
> by which I understood, "if BS is working correctly," then using
> ":fixdel" is all I need to do, but that didn't fix it, so obviously "the
> code for BS is alright" means "t_kb" needs to be something sane, which
> in this case is not true (see below). So I tried this:
>
> set t_kb=^VÎx " I pressed <C-v>, not caret and V fixdel

I miswrote. It should be this:

set t_kb=^V<BS> " I pressed <C-v>, not caret and V fixdel

It ends up as:

set t_kb=Îx

I conflated the two.

> But this only cause BS key in insert mode to insert "Îx" instead of
> deleting the previous character; didn't impact <C-h> at all.
>
> I also tried "set t_kD=^V<Del>" with and without the "t_kb" plus fixdel
> duo above, which only caused Del key to delete the whole line instead of
> the character under cursor (which works properly without setting "t_kD")
>
> All this to say, :fixdel isn't fixing <C-h> win32-vim inside tmux.
> Either that or I am missing something.
>
> > So I would first try inside vim, what is actually printed when typing in
> > insert mode <C-V><Backspace> and from there we can continue.
>
> unix-vim inside and outside tmux (works properly):
>
> C-v BS: ^?
> C-v C-h: ^H
>
> win32-vim outside tmux (works properly):
>
> C-v BS: Îx
> C-v C-h: ^H
>
> win32-vim inside tmux (<C-h> doesn't work):
>
> C-v BS: Îx
> C-v C-h: <C-BS>
>
> Above, "^x" characters are non-printable C-x characters, but "<C-x>" are
> plain printable text.
>
> --
> Enan
>
> P.S. BS and Del keys works fine in win32-vim inside tmux.



--
Enan

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20230708235450.00002e73%40gmail.com.

No comments: