Thursday, August 31, 2023

Bash completion in Vim commandline

I use bang commands quite often, and sometimes I really miss the bash
completion for long arguments. I know I can add custom completion
entries for Vim user-defined commands, but that would get tedious for
someone who uses a lot of tools. Any way to add bash completions to Vim
commands?

Apart from using ":!cmd --arg=val", I use ":grep" quite a lot. I used
to use ripgrep which has short arguments so it's easy to type. But I
have switched to GNU grep and some of its arguments are quite long, eg,
"--exclude" and "--exclude-dir". Any way to complete arguments for Vim
commands that underneath calls external tools?

Enan

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20230901125319.77de913f%40cirdan.

No comments: