Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Re: filelist window ?

mar, 29 Dec 2009, Ramagudi Naziir skribis:
> Thanks Tom and Joan.
>
> I'll check out tselectfiles (any particular other plugin you recommend
> me to check in that respect?).
>
> The reason I can't use stuff like :tabedit is that I handle huge
> project with thousands of files. It can take me minutes to find a
> specific file in such a huge hierarchy, so I must have 1 place that is
> familiar with all files in the project, and which allow me to easily
> search for patterns in file names.
>
> Tom, you mentioned something about big files and having to write
> manifest/files file - can you please explain what you mean ?
>
> Thank you a lot

you may have look at the project plugin that I used to manage over 1000
files. There is a very short introduction at

http://ariya.blogspot.com/2008/07/vim-lightning-fast-navigation-in-large.html

--
regards,
====================================================
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4434BAB3

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: