Sunday, December 27, 2009

Re: vimrc ignores formatoptions

Sorry I didnt see the prior 2 msgs until now
after I replied my last reply.

I tried ':verbose set fo' and I get:
formatoptions=croql
Last set from /usr/share/vim/vim72/ftplugin/c.vim

So Im wondering what this plugin is and/or where it
came from? Ive never messed around with vim other
than my ~/.vimrc file so I dont know why this file
exists.

After editing the fo line in the above file (getting
rid of 'cr' options, it still shows up as:

formatoptions=coql

At least the 'r' is gone now. The file now reads:
" Set 'formatoptions' to break comment lines but not other lines,
" and insert the comment leader when hitting <CR> or using "o".
setlocal fo-=t fo+=oql

I couldnt find another instance in that file of 'fo' either.

Half way there at least and learned something new.
What should I try next to find where the 'c' is coming
from?

Thanks again!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: