Monday, May 24, 2010

RE: GVIM on Windows not loading vimrc sometimes

divad24 wrote:
> I'm using GVIM 7.2 on Windows 7 and am having a problem with
> the vimrc file.
> When I open GVIM and then open a file, it loads all my
> preferences just fine. When I right click on a file and
> select "Edit with Vim" it doesn't load my preferences. My
> _vimrc file is in C:\vim72\. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Setting this environment variable may help:
VIM=C:\vim72

Test current value (if any) in a new command prompt window:
set V

You would set VIM in System Properties, Advanced tab,
Environment Variables. You can put it only in 'User' or only in
'System' (applies to all users).

John

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: