Friday, July 13, 2012

Quickfix and Perl - Vim won't jump to my next compilation error

Hi all,
i'm a Vim beginner (using version 7.3.46),
beginner Perl programmer too.

I'm using perl-support, and all works well, but one thing :
i can't get Vim to jump to my compilation errors. Which it is supposed to do thanks to Quickfix.

In my .pl file, i have the line
use Vi::QuickFix;

When i type
:make
it executes
perl -c
and copies the output in a temporary file.
Then :copen opens the Quickfix List window, where i can read the list of my (intentional) compilation errors.
Then when i type :cn from my .pl file, the next compilation error appears in the information bar, but it doesn't jump to the error.

Surprisingly :cf (which is supposed to jump to the first error, if i understood well) returns :
E40 : Can't open error file error.err

I have changed the
use Vi::QuickFix;
line to
use Vi::QuickFix 'C:/quickfix_errors.err';
and now :make and :copen still work (and i get the compilation errors written in the file C:/quickfix_errors.err)
But :cf still says the same thing :
E40 : Can't open error file error.err

Help please ?
I'm (almost) sure it's just a very stupid mistake or mis-understanding from me (^c^)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: