Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Re: vim: how to make split window "run" in parallel

thanks!
I'd like to be the first to try the new feature once it's available :)

regards
ping

On 07/10/2012 04:38 PM, Nico Raffo wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@gmail.com> wrote:  
On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:34:32 PM UTC-5, ping wrote:  
<font size="+1"><font face="monospace">not sure this should be a vim          issue or ConqueTerm plugin issue, I guess essentially it is vim.            so with ConqueTerm I&#39;m able to open multiple buffers and run a          bash from inside each buffer.            each bash I may run a info-collection-script that takes long          time and lengthy output before finish.            for easy comparison, I even use &quot;vnew&quot; so I have 2 vertial          windows running 2 bash in parallel.                now, the interesting thing I found out of this method is:            whenever I switch window (changing focus to another window),            the output from the previous window (that just lost the focus),          got hanged there,            until I move focus back to it.                is this per vim design, or there is a workaround/knobs, to make          2 buffer run in parallel?                regards            ping          </font></font>    </div>  
  I'm pretty sure this is a ConqueTerm issue. Vim buffers don't "run", they have static  text in them which only changes when you or an autocmd changes it (except for buffers  modified outside of Vim, but Vim only checks this buffer content when it regains focus,   comes back from a shell command, or the user uses the :checktime command). If a  ConqueTerm buffer is not updating when you expect it to, that's ConqueTerm's fault.  
  This is definitely ConqueTerm's fault, and nothing to do with Vim.    There have been a few recently suggested solutions to the issue in  ConqueTerm, which  I hope to investigate soon. However most of them will likely have  unpredictable side  effects, which makes me hesitant to adopt them.    Nico  (ConqueTerm author)    


No comments: