Monday, July 9, 2012

Re: VIM scrollbar

On Mon, July 9, 2012 14:55, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org>
> wrote:
>> The development version of DynamicSigns now also contains a
>> Sign-Scrollbar. You can find it here:
>> https://github.com/chrisbra/DynamicSigns
>>
>
> Thank you, I installed the version from Git. I've noticed that in
> DOS-formatted files there are some issues. Each line has an M, even
> those without mixed indentation. Signs_Diff doesn't seem to work,
> either. Signs_Bookmarks does, though. If you want I can send to you a
> test file.

Please send me the testfile. And please tell me, what exactly you did.
Possibly I need to update the documentation.

> Also, how does one configure the plugin to start when opening a file?
> I must type :Signs every time I open a file. Adding ":Signs" or
> "Signs" to .vimrc does not start the pluging automatically (In fact,
> VIM complains that it is not a command when in .vimrc). Also, I don't
> see the status bar added.

I didn't add the statusbar code, I posted earlier, but use signs to draw
a ascii scrollbar.

> Additionally, I notice that changes are not automatic, rather after
> each line change one must run :UpdateSigns to have them updated. Might
> it not be better to do this whenever the user leaves Insert mode or
> adds a sign?

It should update the signs when leaving insert mode and after writing
the file.

> I'm not complaining, but letting you know what I've experienced. I
> like the fact that I can now see marks and I can use the statusbar
> code that you mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the feedback. I am very grateful for it. Feel free, to
contact me privately about any issues you have (I think the list
is not the right forum for discussing my plugin).


regards,
Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: