Sunday, December 30, 2012

Re: Vim on the iPad


On Dec 30, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Chris Schneider wrote:

Vim is usable on a remote server with my ipad & external keyboard.

I use `prompt` to ssh up to a remote server I own and then just attach to tmux from there.  Specifically I use a logitech ultrathin keyboard case.  It works well enough, but there's no explicit esc key, so you need to get used to using ctrl-[ instead.  Not that big of a deal if you do it often enough.

Thanks, Chris. The earlier discussion produced a link to a detailed account of this option. It was what I was referring to when I said the options suggested were pretty complicated for me. I use Vim for plain old-fashioned writing, not coding, and needed a lot of help initially in learning how to work with Vim and getting it to work for me. 

My naivete will probably be on display in this question, but I'm curious what operating system you're in when you're on the server. 

Thanks,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position, 
but certainty is an absurd one."
 
- Voltaire

No comments: