Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Re: Announcement : http://vim.begin-site.org/ - The Vim Beginners' Site

great:
we all can contribute

you should mention why you have chosen to start a new site rather than
using the existing wiki - and why you want to limit the "contributable
page" to "beginners".

I've had the idea to start something similar, store all the contents in
a git repo all users can access and contribute to, which is that similar
to text that you can also read/grep/edit with vim.

Moreover the idea I had also included managing plugins by VCS repository
url - so that the www.vim.org implementation could be replaced one day.

If you're interested in those goals to I'll point you to our document to
which we've written our ideas (me and garbas that time).

I don't think Vim needs yet another page - it needs one which can be
contributed to by users easily.

However its only my personal opinion.

Yours
Marc Weber

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: