Friday, May 24, 2013

indenting contnued line

Hello friends,
for a continued line, say, in C,
void some_function(argument1,
more_arg)

is the natural behavior of vim (with my current vimrc).
I want it to be like
void some_function(argument1,
more_arg)

i.e. when I press enter after reaching the end of first line, cursor should come to the suitable position, rather then first column.

This will happen if my argument list is longer, and if I manually shift the 2nd line at the position I like, third line will come directly below it. But 2nd line has to be shifted manually.
Whats more, using autoindent (shift+G+=+G) will also shift them bact to column 1.
any solution?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: