Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Re: use of vim signs

Jeroen Budts wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> On 05/28/2013 08:17 AM, sinbad wrote:
>> i want to use vim signs feature in my day-to-day use of vim,
>> besides the typical use of showing break-points or errors in code
>> compliation what other things can be done. For example how are you
>> using it.
>>
> I use the quickfixsigns plugin to show markers as signs as well as
> changes I made to the file compared to the version under version
> control (git).
>
I use showmarks occasionally. (script#152)

gdbmgr shows breakpoints using signs (script#4104) (gdb, shows
breakpoints and temporary breakpoints using signs).

RltvNmbr (script#2351) shows relative-numbering using signs (I don't
like the absolute line number of the current line being shown as is done
currently with the relativenumber option, and there appears to be no
standard way to restore its former relative-numbering only performance).

I have an indentation guide plugin (IndGuide.vim) that is available at
my website (http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#INDGUIDE).

I use Skriblovsky's errsign plugin (script#1027) with my personal
.vim/compiler/gcc.vim to flag lines with compilation errors with an
appropriate sign.

Regards,
C Campbell





--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: