Friday, May 31, 2013

Re: gvim on XP truncates/destroys network files, removes permissions

On Friday, May 31, 2013 8:44:07 AM UTC-5, Joseph Pietras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have googled to find a solution for this problem which only recently started to occur after my desktop was relocated within the company. I work at a mostly WINDOWS shop and 'gvim" is definitely a non-supported product so I have to have details of the problem before I can ask Help Desk for support, should that be necessary. Hope someone has seen this. My desktop is XP and I am using
>
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Oct 27 2010 17:59:02)
>
> (full givm --version output available if needed)
>
>
>
>
>
> If I open a file with gvim (right click, open with vim) my first attempt to write the file truncates it to zero bytes, for example:
>
> -rwx------+ 1 jpietras Domain Users 505 May 31 08:27 SomeProgram.ini
>
>
>
> Exit and writ
>
> -r-x------+ 1 jpietras Domain Users 0 May 31 08:27 SomeProgram.ini
>
>
>
> But only on network shared drives, my C: drive works as expected.
>

I'm not sure why you'd be seeing this. Maybe try experimenting with the 'backupcopy' and 'writebackup' options.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: