Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Re: ctags: how to search through results of tag finding

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Jacek Czaja <jacek.czaja@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Quite often I come across an issue that when I locate some tag from Vim I'm
> given few dozen of results. Even That I have tags generated for my C++ code
> base still I have plenty of results and It took a time to pick the one I
> think is proper. So I want to search through results and so far I redirected
> ex output into register
> then I pasted register's content into current buffer and searched through it
> and then I undone pasting and chose proper option from my results list. Is
> there a better solution to do that? I'm using fuzzy finder plugin as part of
> my vim config and I would expect it to have something like that but I wasn't
> able to find
> such an functionality. Please advice.
>

You can use the ":ltag <name>" command. This will add all the matching
tags to the location list for the current window. You can use the location list
commands to jump or search the matching tags.

BTW, the location list/window feature was added originally to support this
command.

- Yegappan

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: