Sunday, September 29, 2013

Multilingual spell check error in vim

Hi Guys,

I started trying to learn vim again and have made it further than I did
before, but....

I need spell checking in both Swedish and English.

Following instructions I found at
http://ubuntu-se.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=32844 I downloaded the
Swedish language files:

sv.latin1.spl
sv.latin1.sug
sv.utf-8.spl
sv.utf-8.sug

I'm not sure if I need the latin or just utf so I grabbed both
from:ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/spell/

The instructions I found say:

"By default, Vim only installs spell files for the English language. To
install spell files for your preferred language, download the *.spl and
optionally, the *.sug files for your language and character encoding from
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/spell/ and save them to
/usr/share/vim/vim72/spell/.

To use these spell files, some configuration in /etc/vimrc is needed, e.g.:

set spelllang=en,ru
set spell"
(The example on the website uses English and Russian, obviously.)
I copied the language files I downloaded to /usr/share/vim/vim73/spell/

I now have both English and Swedish spell checking in vim, which is cool,
but I have a couple of questions.

When I type :set spelllang=sv,en I get an error that says
Error detected while processing /home/john/.vim/spell/sv.utf-8.spl:
E763: Word characters differ between spell files

If I ignore this error and go about my text processing business, everything
seems to work fine. Vim catches and suggests words for misspellings in both
languages.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this error? It is a bit annoying.

--
John

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: