Monday, September 30, 2013

Re: Scrolling (diffing) through VCS revisions

On Monday, 30 September, 2013 at 15:30:24 BST, Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
>> I've encountered similar problems in the past, because I have a
>BufRead/BufWinEnter autocmd which sets 'nomodifiable' if 'readonly' is set.
>At one point I was doing a global "set nomodifiable" but now I do
>"setlocal" instead. Otherwise, any new buffers created also have
>'nomodifiable' set.
>>
>> Jan, if you've got a similar autocmd, you should make the same fix.

I don't have any mention of 'modif' in my ~/.vimrc, and I even disabled all other plugins. I didn't see a mention of modifiable in the output of ':au BufRead' and ':au BufWinEnter'.

There are no mappings for gJ / gK. There are maps for J and K, both set from frawor/mappings.vim.

>If what you mentioned here is the case he must be doing gJ in the wrong
>buffer (this must be done in the buffer with the committed version).

I open a file, do ':AuVimDiff' on it. The version of the file in the repo opens in a new window. I switch to that new window, and it's there I do gJ / gK.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: