Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Re: Question about communication with system clipboard


On Sep 25, 2013 3:34 PM, "tooth pik" <toothpik6@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 02:22:09AM -0700, Jacek Czaja wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Thanks for all responses. I tried with "+ register but results are
> > still not good eg. When I close Vim (gVim) I loose information from
> > clipboard.
>
> > Actually so far I tried on my Fedora (gVim 7.4 Huge), Ubuntu 12.04
> > (gVim 7.3 1-429 Huge) and Windows7 (gVim7.4) and it worked only on
> > windows. On windows I was able to copy to "* , close gvim and then
> > with mouse paste information i copied to "* to my browser.
>
> > On Linux it did not work so far ( I tried with "+ and "*).
>
> > I read in pointed manual (x11-selection) that before vim is
> > closed/suspended it should copy "+ into CUT_BUFFER0  so information is
> > not lost.
>
> > I tried xsel application that can manipulate
> > PRIMARY,SECONDARY,CLIPBOARD registers eg. I can look what it is stored
> > in them and put some content there. And when I close my gVim and there
> > I print CLIPBOARD or any other  there is nothing there ,although it
> > was expected content there when gVim was running.
>
> > I would be grateful for some more suggesstions
>
> I use openSUSE.  For me the application I had to install is named
> "clipboard".  When it runs it puts a paperclip icon in the default
> panel.  I suspect it is be called "clipboard" for other variants of
> linux as well.

In Gentoo there are klipper and possibly qlipper, wmcliphist and clipbook for this job, but no "clipboard". (Possibly = I deduced their purpose from their description, but am not using them myself.) There should be also a GTK/GNOME program g* that does same job, but I do not remember how it was called.

> With clipboard running the contents of the system clipboard are
> preserved even when the creating application is ended, and will be
> available for pasting in other applications.
>
> hth,
>
> --
> _|_ _  __|_|_ ._ o|
>  |_(_)(_)|_| ||_)||<
>               |
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: