Saturday, October 25, 2014

Re: set background=dark not working in vimrc

Hi Niels!

On Sa, 25 Okt 2014, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the solarized colorscheme which uses different colors
> depending on background=light/dark.
> When I manually do a ":set background=dark", I get the colors as
> expected. But when I write
> set background=dark
> in my .vimrc, vim starts with a light background-setting anyway. Any
> ideas what I could doing wrong? I checked all the files I am
> sourcing whether there is a set
> background=light but I can't find anything.

Place it after your colorscheme call (that one might unexpectedly change
it and there is also a bug still open).

Best,
Christian
--
Man kann nicht erwarten, daß ein rundlicher Mann gliech in ein
viereckiges Loch paßt. Man muß ihm Zeit geben, sich anzupassen.
-- Mark Twain (eigl. Samuel Langhorne Clemens)

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: