Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Re: vim netrw: ***warning*** this version of netrw needs vim 7.3.465 or later

ping wrote:
> I got this message when I copy my .vim into a server running old vim:
> ***warning*** this version of netrw needs vim 7.3.465 or later
>
> server vim:
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Jan 31 2011 23:23:08)
>
> this is fine. I thought just new feature won't work, but the fact it
> looks like the whole netrw doesn't work at all - I can't open(:edit .)
> a folder now.
>
> should this behavior of new netrw changed to be more
> "backward-compatible"?
>
The solution for this is to use an older netrw. The newest netrw that I
have that doesn't require the noswapfile command modifier is v148, which
I would have attached except that this is an email to the group.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: