Saturday, October 25, 2014

Re: set background=dark not working in vimrc

On 25/10 10:56, Ethan Hereth wrote:
>On Saturday, October 25, 2014, Niels Kobschaetzki <niels@kobschaetzki.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using the solarized colorscheme which uses different colors
>> depending on background=light/dark.
>> When I manually do a ":set background=dark", I get the colors as
>> expected. But when I write
>> set background=dark
>> in my .vimrc, vim starts with a light background-setting anyway. Any
>> ideas what I could doing wrong? I checked all the files I am sourcing
>> whether there is a set
>> background=light but I can't find anything.
>>
>> Niels
>
>
>Niels,
>
>What does ':verbose set background' say? I would assume that another plugin
>might be resetting it.

Thanks a lot, that's it. I forgot that I have sunset.vim installed which
didn't have any effect on the theme I used the last 12 months or so m)

Niels

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: