Monday, December 29, 2014

Makefile editing slightly broken

I dunno what happened, I'm still using the same .vimrc I have for years, but lately there's
a glitch when I'm editing a Unix makefile.

When I start to edit the commands for a rule, it uses spaces instead of a tab to position
the command.  For makefiles, of course, this is wrong.  Vim even knows this, and highlights
the line in red. 

If I add lines after existing commands it gets the indentation right, perhaps because it copies the indentation of the previous line.

What should I look for?  What should I fix?

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: