Monday, December 22, 2014

Re: Copy/Paste to vim command line

On 2014-12-22, Дарио Ѓорѓевски wrote:

> 22.12.2014, 21:27, "Arup Rakshit":
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using openSUSE13.1 and Vim 7.4. I want to copy data from external
> > source(mostly I need to copy data from bash shell) to Vim command line.
> > Currently I am doing this with the mouse middle click. But I don't use Mouse
> > even I really need it. How to do this without Mouse ? I tried Shift+Insert,
> > but no luck.

> Try using CTRL-R followed by the name of the register (" for the
> unnamed register containing the last yank/delete). See :help
> c_CTRL-R, and :help i_CTRL-R for the Insert-mode equivalent.

If you're using the mouse to copy from the external source, the
register you want to paste is +. If you're using Ctrl-C or the Copy
item in the Edit menu, then the register to paste is *. See

:help quoteplus
:help quotestar
:help registers

I hope I got those names straight. I got tired of keeping track of
which of those two registers was which, so I keep them in sync using
Parcellite on one system and autocutsel on another.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: