Monday, December 29, 2014

Re: Is there a way to incsearch with folded context

On 2014-12-29, Kevin Wu wrote:
> Gary Johnson於 2014年12月30日星期二UTC+8上午3時30分04秒寫道:
> > On 2014-12-28, Kevin Wu wrote:
> > > When I do searching, the cursor would jump to the first match, if
> > > I set "incsearch".
> > > But it's not true with folded context.
> > > Specifically speaking, What I want to get is that when searching,
> > > the folded context would be unfold automatically and the cursor
> > > would jump into where the first match is, and moreover when the
> > > cursor jump to another line, the unfolded context would be folded
> > > again.
> > >
> > > Is there any way to satisfy my need?
> >
> > Take a look at
> >
> > :help 'foldopen'
> > :help 'foldclose'
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gary
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> When I searched the solution for my issue, I found the option
> 'foldopen', and I also had checked it, which is
> :se fdo?
> foldopen=block,hor,mark,percent,quickfix,search,tag,undo
> Is it OK?
>
> Sorry, it's my poor English to let you misunderstand my issue.
> After finishing a search, the cursor will jump to the first match,
> even it's in the fold, that is OK.
> But what I want is "incremental" search, that is, when I typing
> the word a character by character, the cursor would jump into the
> corresponding match instantly with automatically folding and
> unfolding.
> If I set "incsearch" and no fold here, everything is fine.
> But if the 1st match is in a fold, there is no window responding,
> just like "noincsearch".
>
> Is there a way to satisfy my need?
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You explained your issue well. The fault is mine. I thought that
including "search" in 'foldopen' and setting 'foldclose' to "all"
might do what you wanted, or be close enough, but I didn't try it
before replying and I see now that it doesn't work for incremental
searches. Odd. It seems to me that it should. I don't know of a
way to do that.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: