Wednesday, June 10, 2015

How to force Vim to use more advance diff between two files?

Hi,
I often must compare two files for differences. I use diff functionality of gVim.
I do the following:
:e my_first_file
:vert diffsp my_second_file

Most of the time diff result is fine, but sometimes results of diff in gVim are not really useful. In attachment see white arrows/rectangles of the same text in both files that were not recognized as the same text.

Is there a way I can force gVim to use some advance analysis of file or something similar to really see the difference?

gVim 7.4 on Windows 7

Thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: