Monday, February 29, 2016

Re: netrw :Explore setting current buffer to hidden

gt.macki@gmail.com wrote:
> hello all,
>
> On Vim 7.4.1401 (OS X 10.11.3), netrw's :Explore is acting very weirdly for me.
>
> My workflow is to usually open some file, use :Explore to search for related documents and switch between buffers as I need. Since at least 7.4.1401 calling :Explore hides the current buffer, even if it has been edited.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. Start with `vim file1.txt`;
> 2. inside vim use `:Explore`;
> 3. open `file2.txt` and find that `file1.txt` is not available anymore and is not displayed on`:ls` — the only way to access it is to use `:ls!`, check the buffer number and use `b{buffer_number}`.
>
> Since I'm managing vim with homebrew, I reverted to the previous version, 7.4.1345, and it seems to fix the issue at hand. It does not seem to be related to plugins (have disabled most of them before posting this).
>
> any clues on what might be happening? is this an actual issue or was I relying on faulty behaviour (seems unlikely since I've been netrw in this manner for at least 2 years now)?
>
Hello!

I see the problem; I'll look into it.

Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: