Thursday, May 19, 2016

Re: dictionary completion for words including `@' sign

2016-05-19 21:40 GMT+03:00 Eric Smith <es@fruitcom.com>:
> I don't only want to enjoy autocomplete of my contacts when in gmail, but also
> for my mutt.
>
> I have a file with all my email addresses and
> set dict=emails.txt.
>
> When I complete with dictionary completion (mapped to <tab>), then I only receive
> the first part of the email addresses, like,
>
> foo<tab>
> foo.bar
>
> How do I return
> foo<tab>
> foo.bar@baz.com
>
> And if I go.
> <tab>
> it expands to
> foo.bar
> baz
>
> Here are one of the many settings of isfname, that I tried, all
> without a breakthrough;
> set isfname=@,48-57,/,\\,.,-,_,+,,,#,$,%,{,},[,],:,@-@,!,~,=
>
> what gives?
>
> Eric
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Why &isfname? Given that &dict option documentation speaks about
"words" and "keyword characters" I guess you need &iskeyword.

Note that altering this may break some syntax files. Also many syntax
and filetype files have no idea that &iskeyword is a *user* setting
and they should even use `:syntax iskeyword` and not `setlocal
iskeyword=…` (added only recently!).

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: