Saturday, May 21, 2016

Re: distribute my unicode plugin with vim?

fredag 20 maj 2016 skrev Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org>:
Hi,
as some of you may know, I am maintaining a little unicode plugin
https://github.com/chrisbra/unicode.vim

Now I got an issue, that asks if it would be possible to distribute this
plugin with Vim, so I am asking here for feedback. Would such a plugin
or package be considered generally useful to be distributed with Vim or
should I continue to maintain it as separate plugin?

Feedback is welcome.


I for one use your Unicode plugin constantly. Mostly the UnicodeName command, but also Unicode completion. I might have discovered the plugin sooner if it had been distributed with Vim, but there is no guarantee as it took me some time to discover those plugins which are distributed with Vim. However I think that the Unicode plugin deserves to be discovered and used by everyone who does multilingual text entry in Vim (I sure hope I'm not one of a very few! :-) For ordinary typing I prefer keymaps, but the plugin is very useful for writing keymaps too! One functionality which i miss or haven't found is the ability to define digraphs by hex number or Unicode name for the cases when I need to define a digraph on the fly for occasional use in a document. A while back you (Christian) showed a trick to define a digraph by hex number in a mail to this list. I immediately turned it into a command, and I think such a command would be a valuable addition to the Unicode plugin.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: