Friday, May 27, 2016

Re: distribute my unicode plugin with vim?

On Sa, 21 Mai 2016, BPJ wrote:

> fredag 20 maj 2016 skrev Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org>:
>
> > Hi,
> > as some of you may know, I am maintaining a little unicode plugin
> > https://github.com/chrisbra/unicode.vim
> >
> > Now I got an issue, that asks if it would be possible to distribute this
> > plugin with Vim, so I am asking here for feedback. Would such a plugin
> > or package be considered generally useful to be distributed with Vim or
> > should I continue to maintain it as separate plugin?
> >
> > Feedback is welcome.
> >
>
> I for one use your Unicode plugin constantly. Mostly the UnicodeName
> command, but also Unicode completion. I might have discovered the plugin
> sooner if it had been distributed with Vim, but there is no guarantee as it
> took me some time to discover those plugins which are distributed with Vim.
> However I think that the Unicode plugin deserves to be discovered and used
> by everyone who does multilingual text entry in Vim (I sure hope I'm not
> one of a very few! :-) For ordinary typing I prefer keymaps, but the plugin
> is very useful for writing keymaps too! One functionality which i miss or
> haven't found is the ability to define digraphs by hex number or Unicode
> name for the cases when I need to define a digraph on the fly for
> occasional use in a document. A while back you (Christian) showed a trick
> to define a digraph by hex number in a mail to this list. I immediately
> turned it into a command, and I think such a command would be a valuable
> addition to the Unicode plugin.

Thanks for the feedback. I just updated your issue on the plugin list.

Waiting for Brams opinion, whether he thinks it could be distributed
together with Vim.

Best,
Christian
--
Vom Verdienste fordert man Bescheidenheit; aber diejenigen, die
unbescheiden das Verdienst schmälern, werden mit Behagen angehört.
-- Goethe, Maximen und Reflektionen, Nr. 665

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: