Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Re: sample .vimrc for text use.

On 28 May 2016 at 16:41, John Culleton <John@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> I set up my .vimrc many years ago. recently my
> computer died and my .vimrc went with it. I use
> vim for creating text documents. It would save me
> many hours of cut and try if someone could
> recommend or send me a .vimrc or .gvimrc set up
> for left justified text with paragraphs separated
> by a blank line. I also had an F key function
> that would rejustify all the paragraphs of the
> document where I had added or deleted text. Does
> that ring a bell with anyone?
>
> Thus far all I have is the line:
> set textwidth = 72
> and that took some hours of research in my copy
> in the Oualine book (2001 version.)

I'll echo raju's comment about keeping vimrc under version control,
but from your description I imagine that the 'F' key was mapped as:

map F gggqG

:help gg
:help gq
:help G

Al

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: