Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Re: A mapping with a manual insert mode in the middle

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:26:40 PM UTC-8, Zeke Blackwell wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'd like to create a mapping in my .vimrc that does some manipulation, drops me into insert mode, then picks back up for more manipulation after I hit escape.
>
> Is this possible? I guess I just don't know what to search for.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does it have to be in one mapping? Why not something like

nmap _i :Do_stuff<cr>i
imap _i <Esc>:Finish_off<cr>

The only difference would be that you press _i a second time, instead of the <Esc> key.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: